2020 Michigan Legal Update II
The purpose of this course is to address the most recent statewide regulatory rules and regulations that pertain to the real estate industry in Michigan. It will provide an understanding and working knowledge of a license holder's responsibilities and obligations related to rule changes, requirements, duties, violations and agency. This course sets out specific requirements and best practices.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand changes to Michigan laws and rules, including the legalization of recreational marijuana
- Gain an understanding of noteworthy case law as it relates to real estate in Michigan
MICHIGAN LAWS AND RULES UPDATE
Lesson 1 (20 minutes)
- Governor’s Executive Orders
- New Michigan Laws
Lesson 2 (20 minutes)
- New Michigan Laws (cont.)
Lesson 3 (30 minutes)
- Michigan Marijuana Regulatory Agency Emergency Rules
- License Types
- Adult Use vs. Medical Use
Lesson 4 (20 minutes)
- Sandbags and Temporary Measures
- Changes to Corporate, LLC and Partnership Filing
- Case Law
Lesson 5 (20 minute)
- Case Law
- Statute of Frauds
- Breach of Contract
- Seller's Disclosure
- Govt. Rights, Taxes and Police Powers
Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 8am and 6pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.
Student policies and procedures are always available by going to our website and scrolling to the bottom of the page (See Attendance, Privacy and Refund Policy).