- 12 Hour Annual Commission Update 2019, 2020, 2021
- 4 Hour Personal Safety and Self Defense (Approval #10276)
- 4 Hour Drones in Real Estate (Approval #10274)
- 4 Hour Lead Paint Awareness (Approval #7349)
Annual Commission Update courses for 2020 and 2021 will be added to your profile automatically when content becomes available from DORA.
Colorado 2019 Annual Commission Update Course Description
Online Text Course
2019 version of the Annual Commission Update (ACU) 4-hour Mandatory course as required by the Real Estate Commission in Colorado. All licensees are required to complete this course every calendar year.
Includes Final Exam
2019 Annual Commission Update Course Syllabus
- Investigative Statistics
- Fair Housing
- Unlicensed Assistants
- Varying Commission Models
- Good Faith
- Consumer Data Privacy
- Property Management
- Sign Crossing
- Contract and Form Changes
- Division Program Changes and Recent Legislation
HD Video Course – Instructor: Preston “PT” Taylor
This four-hour course is designed to provide important safety tips and precautions for personal safety in the workplace. This is especially true for real estate professionals as they are very often in situations that expose them to unknown situations, with unknown persons. Instructor Preston Taylor has worked in law enforcement for over 20 years, is a Police Academy Instructor, and a Defensive Tactics Instructor for over 15 years. He has acted as a speaker/trainer for the National Association of Realtors and the Michigan Association of Realtors.
It is important to understand the legal environment surrounding self-defense and the physical limitations that can be a factor for each individual. There are key “Rules of Engagement” that will help those who work with the public to recognize and avoid dangerous situations. If a confrontation does occur, the instructor outlines and demonstrates the best and most practical ways to respond to and reduce potential harm. This program offers self-defense techniques from the stand-up position using easy and effective gross motor skills, to ground defense and ground avoidance (rape prevention).
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Understand what laws govern personal protection and the use of deadly force.
- Recognize the pros and cons of firearms, pepper spray, and stun guns.
- Be able to effectively use the most practical precautions during both home showings and open houses.
- Become more confident in the use of physical deterrents and self-defense techniques.
PERSONAL SAFETY AND SELF DEFENSE SYLLABUS
- Taking ownership
- Use of deadly force
- Stand your ground laws
- Rules of Engagement
- Freeze, Flight or Fight
- Physiological changes
- What to expect
- Energy conservation
Safety is Your Responsibility
- Recognize, respond and reduce
- Survival skills
- Perception is reality
- Safety at work
- Safety at play
Safety and Real Estate Showings
- Items in the home
- Hiding spots
- During the open house
Self Defense Tactics
- Pepper Spray
- Stun Guns
- Onsite practical tips