Real estate agents wear many hats in their profession. They assist their clients with the buying and selling of real property. To that end, they market, list and promote sales. They advise, help negotiate, and consult with clients on market conditions, mortgages, legal requirements and financing to ensure a fair and honest transaction. Having an understanding of the legal environment surrounding the financial aspects of real estate dealings is one of the most important areas of expertise to be able to share with clients in order to build enduring and profitable relationships.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Describe the importance of case law that illustrates the problems in the conveyance of real property.
- Define and describe the types, features, and benefits of a real estate loan.
- Be able to apply the rules and regulations of state and federal agencies as they pertain to real estate finance; insurance, mortgages, loans and lenders.
This Course Covers:
- Laws Regulating Financing
- Seller Financing
- Commercial Lending
Personal Safety and Self Defense
This course is designed to provide important safety tips and precautions for personal safety in the workplace. This is especially true for real estate professionals as they are very often in situations that expose them to unknown situations, with unknown persons. Instructor Preston Taylor has worked in law enforcement for over 20 years, is a Police Academy Instructor, and a Defensive Tactics Instructor for over 15 years. He has acted as a speaker/trainer for the National Association of Realtors and the Michigan Association of Realtors.
It is important to understand the legal environment surrounding self-defense and the physical limitations that can be a factor for each individual. There are key “Rules of Engagement” that will help those who work with the public to recognize and avoid dangerous situations. If a confrontation does occur, the instructor outlines and demonstrates the best and most practical ways to respond to and reduce potential harm. This program offers self-defense techniques from the stand-up position using easy and effective gross motor skills, to ground defense and ground avoidance (rape prevention).
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Understand what laws govern personal protection and the use of deadly force.
- Recognize the pros and cons of firearms, pepper spray, and stun guns.
- Be able to effectively use the most practical precautions during both home showings and open houses.
- Become more confident in the use of physical deterrents and self-defense techniques.
This Course Covers:
- LEGAL ENVIRONMENT
- PHYSICAL LIMITATIONS
- SAFETY IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
- SAFETY AND REAL ESTATE SHOWINGS
- SELF DEFENSE TACTICS
If you have any questions
Please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.