This course fulfills the Florida Real Estate Commission requirements for three hours of Core Law. It will cover the latest updates to Florida real estate law, including current rules and regulations that pertain to the real estate industry. Gwyn Besner of The Acme Institute is a respected and well-known educator in Real Estate. She leads this top quality online video course that walks you through the most current updates to Florida real estate law.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the scope and purpose of each of the four parts of Chapter 475, Florida Statutes, the requirements for obtaining a real estate license, and the difference between licensure and registration
- Describe the education requirements and procedures for renewing a real estate license
- Describe the activities that may be legally performed by real estate brokers, sales associates, and personal assistants
- Identify recent law changes
1. Florida License Law
Florida Real Estate Commission (FREC)
Registration of Entities
3. Changes to Florida Statutes
Chapters 455 and 475
Property Management Escrow Accounts
Inspections and Audits
4. Real Estate Recovery Fund and Condominium Laws
Filing a Claim
Payments and Reimbursements
Filing a Complaint
DBPR Responses to Violations
Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure
5. Other State Laws
National and State Do-Not-Call Registries
Federal Withholding Taxes for Foreign Sellers
National Flood Insurance Program
Clean Water Act and the EPA
6. Final Exam
Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 9am and 5pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.
Student policies and procedures are always available by going to our website and scrolling to the bottom of the page (See Attendance, Privacy and Refund Policy).