It is important to realize understanding tax laws is an integral part of running a successful real estate business. The ramifications of ignorance or inaccuracy in recordkeeping, tax responsibilities, or employer/employee relationships are severe and will bring a business down in short order. There are also many aspects of real property ownership, including depreciation, deductions, exchanges and more, that will greatly affect whether a business thrives or dies. Any real estate professional who plans to run their own business should be aware of the benefits, pitfalls, and requirements surrounding property related taxes.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Recognize the benefits of real property ownership, as well as 1031 exchanges, depreciation, and loss.
- Understand the tax responsibilities, hiring provisions and recordkeeping requirements of an employer.
- Be able to outline the specifics of real property indebtedness.
1. Tax Liabilities
2. Employment Taxes
a. Social Security
5. Reporting and Depositing
1. Taxable Income
2. Home Office
5. Income Benefits of Property Ownership
1. Deductible Items
3. Self-Directed IRAs
1. Partial Sales or Condemnations
3. Passive Loss
4. Section 1031 Exchanges
6. Case Studies
If you have any questions
Please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.