Civil Rights and Fair Housing
It is important to realize Civil Rights and Fair Housing laws are very much a part of today’s real estate market. Throughout history in the United States laws have been written to create equality, and much progress has been made. Nonetheless, discrimination still pervades American culture, and it is incumbent on real estate professionals to understand the ramifications of discrimination, and how it plays out in the housing industry.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the history behind and the connection between civil rights legislation and the Fair Housing Act.
- Recognize and apply the standards outlined by court decisions in Civil Rights and Fair Housing case law.
- Be able to integrate the rules and regulations pertaining to Fair Housing laws in the real estate industry.
1. Amelia Boynton Robinson
2. 1866 Civil Rights Act
3. 1968 Federal Fair Housing Act
2. Michigan Fair Housing
3. Michigan Civil Rights Act
1. Duty to Disclose Discrimination
3. Employer Guidelines
4. Immigration Reform and Control Act
1. CRA Court Cases
If you have any questions
Please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.