Michigan Legal Update 1
The purpose of this course is to address the most recent regulatory rules and regulations that pertain to the real estate industry in Michigan. It will provide an understanding and working knowledge of a license holder's responsibilities and obligations related to rule changes, requirements, duties, violations and agency. This course sets out specific requirements and best practices.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- understand changes to Michigan laws and rules, including the legalization of recreational marijuana
- gain an understanding of noteworthy case law as it relates to real estate
- Statute of Limitations for Complaints Against Appraisers
- Public Act 330
- Changes in EPIC
- Public Acts 172, 171, 15, 16
- Assumed Name Renewals for Eligible Corporations, LLCs and Limited Partnerships Available Online
- Public Acts 631, 602, 581, 132
- Marijuana Case Law
- Felony Conviction No Longer a Factor in Granting a License in Michigan
- Auction Case Law
- Contract Law
- Property Tax Foreclosure
- Eviction in a Leasehold Estate
- Marital Assets
- Police Powers
- Police Powers Case Law continued
- Premises Liability
- Property Taxes
Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 9am and 5pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.
Student policies and procedures are always available by going to our website and scrolling to the bottom of the page (See Attendance, Privacy and Refund Policy).