Civil Rights and Fair Housing | Michigan CE Marketplace #066919
2 Legal Updates Credit Hours | Online Video Class | No Tests
Discrimination still pervades American culture so real estate professionals need to understand the ramifications of it in the housing industry. Learn to recognize the standards outlined in the Civil rights and Fair Housing case law and how to integrate those rules and regulations in the real estate industry.
Instructor: Gwyn Besner
It is important to realize Civil Rights and Fair Housing laws are very much a part of today’s real estate market. Throughout history in the United States laws have been written to create equality, and much progress has been made. Nonetheless, discrimination still pervades American culture, and it is incumbent on real estate professionals to understand the ramifications of discrimination, and how it plays out in the housing industry.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the history behind and the connection between civil rights legislation and the Fair Housing Act.
- Recognize and apply the standards outlined by court decisions in Civil Rights and Fair Housing case law.
- Be able to integrate the rules and regulations pertaining to Fair Housing laws in the real estate industry.
This course covers:
- Amelia Boynton Robinson
- 1866 Civil Rights Act
- 1968 Federal Fair Housing Act
- Duty to Disclose Discrimination
- Michigan Fair Housing
- Michigan Civil Rights Act
- Employer Guidelines
- Immigration Reform and Control Act
- CRA Court Cases
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to email@example.com.