Real EstateTeams and Advertising
Real estate agents are subject to a broad range of legal and ethical requirements that are designed to protect buyers, sellers and the community at large. Teams have become common in the industry, but there are also concerns that consumers are confused as to what group or brokerage they are associated with. New legislation will be effective regarding team registration. Also of concern is the general compliance with state requirements surrounding real estate advertising, especially Internet advertising. This course will help licensees understand the law, codes and rules as they relate to advertising and teams.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Recognize and implement the broad range of advertising requirements that protect buyers and sellers.
- Be able to describe and integrate the requirements that teams must comply with.
- Outline the different types of advertising issues and legal cases that illustrate common violations.
Real Estate Teams
1. How teams work
2. Team Regulation
4. Team Advertising
5. Advertising in Real Estate
6. Contests, Gifts and Drawings
7. Requirements and Prohibitions
9. Common Violations
10. Internet Advertising
1. Snider v. Oklahoma Real Estate Commission
2. Staten Island Board of Realtors v. Smith
3. Barlow v. Ohio State DOC
Final Assessment 10 minutes
Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 9am and 5pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.