Legal Update II
The purpose of this course is to address the regulatory aspects of some of the many legal updates that have occurred in the Texas real estate industry. This course provides an understanding and working knowledge of a license holder's responsibilities and obligations related to rule changes, leasing and property management, sales transactions, contracts and addenda forms, and current hot topics. This course sets out specific requirements and best practices.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Recognize the role of TREC, and describe how the rules and regulations must be implemented in the practice of real estate in Texas.
- Summarize title and closing issues
- Discuss advertising issues
- Understand recent agency violations
- Describe inspector and lender issues as they relate to the real estate transaction
Chapter 1: Statute & Rules Update
- Ethics Requirements for Real Estate Professionals
- Unrepresented Buyers
Chapter 2: Agency
- Residential Rental Locators
- Examples of Recent TREC Cases with Violations by Apartment Locators
- Seller Term Requirement Sheets or Seller Offer Guidelines
- Intermediary Refresher – Intermediary Means "Enter the Middle"
- Recent TREC Cases – Agency Violations
- Rebates and Referral Fees
- Recent TREC Cases – Rebate Violations
Chapter 3: Advertising Issues
- §535.155 – Advertisements
- Social Media Litmus Test
- Using Copyrighted Material
- Copyright Definition
- Copyright Ownership
- Copyright Ownership Rights
- Sharing Copyright Ownership Rights
- Copyright Infringement
- Protection from Copyright Infringement Claims
Chapter 4: Title Issues and Closing
- Closing LLCs
- Closing Trusts
- Commission Disbursement Authorizations and Instructions
- T-47 Misconceptions
- Back-Up and Second Contracts
- Escrow Requests to Avoid
- FIRPTA Best Practices
Chapter 5: RESPA Compliance
- Rule P-53
- Marketing Service Agreements
Chapter 6: Inspector and Lender Relationships and Duties in the Real Estate Transaction
- Inspector FAQs
- Article – Where Does That Inspection Report Go?
- Lender Relationships and Duties
Appendix A: Rule §535.148, Receiving an Undisclosed Commission or Rebate
Appendix B: RESPA Dos and Don'ts for Co-Marketing, Social Media, & Other Web-Based Marketing Tools
Appendix C: Helpful Links
Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 8am and 6pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.
Student policies and procedures are always available by going to our website and scrolling to the bottom of the page (See Attendance, Privacy and Refund Policy).