Legal Update II
2018 – 2019
The purpose of this course is to address the regulatory aspects of some of the many legal updates that have occurred in the Texas real estate industry. This course provides an understanding and working knowledge of a license holder's responsibilities and obligations related to professional ethics, fair housing and anti-discrimination standards, agency, the recovery fund, recent topics of interest, and court cases. This course sets out specific requirements and best practices.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Outline the standards of practice expected of licensed real estate professionals as as required by Texas law.
- Be able to integrate the rules and regulations pertaining to Fair Housing laws in the real estate industry.
- Summarize general and specific fiduciary duties, including responsibility for disclosure and agency requirements.
- Understand the sanctions and penalties for violations of the Texas code.
Chapter 1: Ethics Requirements for Engaging in Real Estate
- Consumer Information
- TREC and TAR: What's the Difference
- Court Case
Chapter 2: Fair Housing and Anti-Discrimination Standards
- Discriminatory Practices (22 TAC 531.19)
- Senior Housing Exemptions
- Court Case
Chapter 3: Agency
- IABS Redux (aka Information About Brokerage Services form Pop Off!)
- IABS Pop Off
- Failure Along the Way
- Court Cases
Chapter 4: Recovery Fund
- Real Estate Recovery Trust Account and Funds
- Filing a Claim for Reimbursement
Chapter 5: Hot Topics
- Use of Unlicensed Assistants in Real Estate Transactions
- How to Handle Multiple Offers
- Rebate Issues
- Broker or Agent Acting as Principal
- Coming Soon Advertisements
Chapter 6: Court Cases
Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 9 am and 5 pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.