UTAH REAL ESTATE LICENSE RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS
Renewal Cycle: 2 Years
Renewal Deadline: End of the month of issuance
UTAH REAL ESTATE LICENSE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are you approved by the state?
Yes! Course approval numbers are listed beside the course title.
Who submits my Utah completed continued education?
We take care of reporting your course completion to the Utah Department of Real Estate for you. You'll also have copies of your certificates store in your profile for you to access at any time.
How do I renew my Utah real estate license?
Licenses can be renewed no sooner than 6 weeks prior and no later than the expiration date.
- Complete 18 hours of continuing education
- Renew your license online logging into the Utah License Management System.
How much does it cost to renew my Utah real estate license?
Sales Agent: $42.00
What happens if my Utah real estate license expires?
Utah Realtors may not work if their license has expired. Licenses can be reinstated for up to a year, steps for renewal and fees vary depending on how far past your expiration date you are.
Do I need continuing education if my Utah real estate license is inactive?
No, you do not need continuing education to renew as inactive so long as you renew on time. If you miss your renewal date by more than 30 days you must complete continuing education and pay a $50 late fee.
- Licenses lapsed less than 30 days require no additional continuing education and a fee of $50
- Licenses lapsed 30days-6 months require 24 additional hours of continuing education and a fee of
- $15 for inactive
- $42 for sales agents
- $48 for brokers
- $100 reinstatement fee
- Licenses lapsed for 6 months-12 months require 42 additional hours of continuing education and a fee of
- $15 for inactive licenses
$42 for sales agents
$48 for brokers
$100 reinstatement fee
- $15 for inactive licenses
- Licenses lapsed for more than 1 year cannot be renewed. You must reapply for licensure as a new applicant.
Does Utah have reciprocity with any other state?
Yes. Utah offers reciprocity with Georgia, Mississippi, and Alberta Canada. Agents seeking reciprocity must submit
- Reciprocity Application
- Original and certified license history for all jurisdictions where you've held a license
- Principal and Branch Brokers must provide a notarized letter on your company's letterhead, signed by an officer, giving you permission to use the company name.
- Two fingerprint cards a fingerprint waiver
- Sales Agent - $152 fee
- Broker - $158 fee
- Certificate of Legal Presence
INITIAL LICENSING INFORMATION
How do I obtain a Utah real estate license?
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must have a high school diploma
- Take 120 hours of approved education - approved providers are listed here.
- Pass the Sales Agent exam. You must request within 90 days of passing the exam. - Sign up to take the exam.
- Submit an application to the division along with a $152 fee.
How many questions are on the Utah real estate exam?
The exam consists of 80 questions, you must get 60 correct.