HOW TO BECOME A LICENSED MICHIGAN SALESPERSON
- Complete a 40-hour Salesperson PreLicense Course
- Submit a License Application to iCOLA
- Pass the Michigan Real Estate Salesperson Exam
Step 1. Complete a 40 Hour Michigan Real Estate Fundamentals Course.
This course must be approved by the state of Michigan for the Salesperson Prelicensure requirement. Real Estate Training Institute offers this course along with a Salesperson/Broker exam prep Course. This is an online course that is fast and easy to take at your leisure wherever you want. The 40-HR course is taught by Gwyn Besner, a respected and well-known educator in Real Estate.
Step 2. Submit a License Application.
How to Apply:
- Go to www.michigan.gov/icola Commercial Occupation Licensing Application (iCOLA)
- Select "I need to create an account to use online services" and submit
- Pay a licensing fee
11/01-2016 - 11/01/2017 | $64
11/01/2017-07/01/2018 | $36
- Submit your application electronically
- Note: if you are listing your employing brokers 10-digit ID number when applying, please inform your employer that you have submitted your license application.
Step 3. Pass the Michigan Real Estate Salesperson Exam.
- $76.00 to register
- Timed (180 minutes) to complete
- Located in Gaylord, Grand Rapids, Holt, Marquette, and Southfield.
Once the exam is completed you will be notified immediately if you have passed or not. PSI will then import your exam data into your iCOLA record within 48 hours once you have passed.
How often do I have to renew my Michigan Real Estate Salesperson License?
First off, Congratulations on getting licensed! The renewal cycle for the Salesperson license takes place every three years on October 31. Realtors are required to complete 18-HRs of CE including 6 hours of those being legal updates.
40-Hour Salesperson Pre License Online Course with Practice Exam | Michigan Approval #3040
$239.00Add to cart