About Real Estate Training Institute
Real Estate Training Institute, a division of Certified Training Institute is a nationally accredited school providing real estate agents, Realtors, and brokers with Continuing Education and pre-licensure training classes. Our other schools include the Architects Training Institute, Builders License Training Institute, and the Electrical Codes and Standards Training Institute. We are a State of Michigan Licensed Proprietary School, a long-standing member of the Better Business Bureau, as well as many other professional organizations and associations, and dedicated to your success!
Real Estate Training Institute
3135 Logan Valley Rd.
Traverse City, MI 49684
Real Estate Educator: Research, write, edit and update training materials. Build training objectives, course outlines and timelines. Work with and facilitate course development with instructional design staff.
- Approved instructor by MI Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
- Certified instructor at Monroe Community College 2009-2014.
- Instructor at Holloway’s Real Estate Institute 1994-2006.
- Instructor for US Brokers 2006-2007.
- Owner/Instructor of Acme Institute (MI Approved #348) since 2007.
- Instructor with Real Estate Training Institute (State Approval #550) since June 2015.
Greg is FAA Certified in small Unmanned Aerial Systems and is a Forensic Meteorologist, Consultant for the Deep Sea Detectives show on the History Channel. He is a NAUI Certified Search and Rescue/Recovery Diver and an expert in severe weather analysis, focusing on severe weather parameters.
- FAA Certificate: FAA-2015-0389 #11568
- American Meteorology Society: Seal of Approval
- Chapman College – Integrative Computer Science
- Michigan Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Preston “PT” Taylor
Course instructor Preston L. Taylor “PT” is a police officer with over 20+ years of experience, and is extremely knowledgeable in the realm of personal protection and self-defense.
This online course offers self-defense tactics from the stand-up position utilizing gross motor skill (easy but effective) techniques as well as ground defense and ground avoidance (rape prevention) tactics which can be used anywhere in any situation.
You will also learn to be aware of your surroundings and potential dangers.
- PPCT – Defensive Tactics Instructor
- Street Survival Seminar - Street Crimes
- Spontaneous Knife Defense Instructor School
- IDECC Certified
Scott is a Licensed Builder and Degreed Engineer that is an OSHA Authorized 10hr & 30hr Construction Trainer and MIOSHA & OSHA 10 hour construction safety and Health certified with experience in trade education, contract writing, engineering, and all aspects of construction. Excels at working with construction trades professionals by effectively communicating complex construction topics through traditional and technology-based methods.
- Successfully operate a small residential construction company and an engineering consulting company.
- Consult with local construction companies to develop efficient processes for marketing, sales, estimating, plan development, contracts, building code compliance, MIOSHA safety compliance, and USDOT vehicle compliance.
- Assist local manufacturing firms with competitive strategies for the global economy.
Paul started in the construction industry in 1973 beginning his career as a carpenter apprentice and working in the field for the next 24 years. When he retired, Paul worked part-time for Spence Brothers helping with estimating and project management. After a two year semi-retirement, he returned to Spence Brothers and worked full time as an estimator and project manager until the end of 2013
When Paul left Spence Brothers, In the fall of 2014, Paul taught construction estimating classes as an adjunct instructor for Northwest Michigan College and Online courses for Certified Training Institute.
- 7 hour online class for construction estimating
- 7 hour online class for construction project managing
- Adjunct Professor at Northwest Michigan College Construction Estimating
- Licensed Proprietary School in the State of Michigan
- Approved by the Michigan Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
- A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau
- Member of the International Code Council
- Accredited through the International Distance Education Certification Center (IDECC)
- Approved by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as a provider of Lead Paint Certification courses
- Approved by the American Institute of Architects
- Approved by the Minnesota Department of Labor & Industry Construction Code and Licensing
- Approved by the Massachusetts Board of Building Regulations and Standards
- Approved by the Utah Division of Occupation and Professional Licensing
- Approved by the Wisconsin Department of Commerce
- Member of the International Code Council
- Member of the National Home Builders Association
- Member of the Michigan Home Builders Association
- Member of the Grand Traverse Area Home Builders Association
- Member of the Traverse City Area Chamber of Commerce