OKLAHOMA REAL ESTATE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Brokers and Salespersons: At least 1 hour in each of the following categories:
- Broker Relationships
- Fair housing
- Professional Standards and Codes (Ethics)
- Hot Topic
- OK Contracts
- OK Codes and Rules
- The balance of remaining hours are elective credits
- Broker Proprietors/Branch Managers/ Broker Managers
- 15 Hour Broker In Charge course, and
- Either 2 3-hr courses in two of the categories listed above, or 1-hour course in EACH of the six categories listed above
What is a PSA?
A PSA is a provisional sales associate, it is an entry-level position under the supervision of a broker. PSAs cannot enter into contractual agreements in their own name.
How do I renew my Oklahoma real estate license?
- Complete 21 hours of continuing education
- Fill out the License Renewal form and send it to the Oklahoma Real Estate Commission and pay the appropriate fee
How much does it cost to renew my Oklahoma real estate license?
$225.00 Active Status for a Broker Associate, Branch Broker, Broker Manager or Broker Proprietor
$165.00 Active Status for a Provisional Sales or Sales Associate
$140.00 Inactive or Suspended Broker
$110.00 Inactive or Suspended Sales Associate or Provisional Sales Associate
What happens if I do not renew my Oklahoma real estate license before it expires?
$10.00 Failure to renew your license by the 10th day of the month in which your license is due to expire will result in a $10.00 Late Penalty Fee
Does Oklahoma have reciprocity with any other state?
Not at this time.
Who submits my Oklahoma real estate continuing education?
Real Estate Training Institute will submit an attendance roster each week to the Oklahoma Real Estate Commission
Are you approved by the state?
Yes! All courses are approved by the Oklahoma Real Estate Commission
INITIAL LICENSING INFORMATION
How do I obtain my Oklahoma real estate license?
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete one year of licensure as a PSA or equivalent
- Complete 90 hours basic real estate education course
- Submit proof of 6 college credits in real estate discipline
- Pass the state exam. Schedule the exam here.
- Complete an application for licensure
NOTE: Education requirements must be met within 36 months prior to application.
Oklahoma Real Estate Commission
Denver N Davison Building
1915 N Stiles Ave, Suite 200
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105
Local: (405) 521-3387
Toll-Free: (866) 521-3389
Fax: (405) 521-2189
Office Hours & Additional Information
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Open Monday - Friday, except for legal state holidays.