Practical Brokerage Practices
This course brings together many of the most important aspects of a real estate broker business. If you manage or own a real estate company, or any company for that matter, a well thought-out office policy manual is a must. With an easy-to read manual, your staff and associates will know what's expected of them. This course will explain how to write, produce, and distribute your company’s roadmap to success. Your manual should encompass all of the basics: a mission statement, personnel policies, and general procedures such as office attire, sales meetings, office conduct, terminations, and vacations. It is also important to include policies and procedures specific to real estate.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Outline and implement a working Policy and Procedure manual.
- Be able to list the criteria by which independent status is measured and to describe the employer/employee relationship.
- Apply standard accounting and recordkeeping practices and outline the requirements surrounding trust accounts.
- Have a solid understanding of how violations of the occupational code are handled.
PRACTICAL BROKERAGE PRACTICES
Lesson 1 (20 minutes)
1. How to Create an Office Policy Manual
2. What Should it Cover?
b. Agency Disclosure
c. Business Procedures
d. Do Not Call Rules
h. Office expectations
Lesson 2 (25 minutes)
1. Producing the Policy
2. Sample Policy
Lesson 3 (25 minutes)
1. Sample Policy
2. “Safe Harbor Provision”
3. Independent Contractor/Employee Status
Lesson 4 (30 minutes)
1. Trust Accounts
2. Guide for Estimating Sellers Expenses
3. Guide for Estimating Buyers Expenses
Lesson 5 (15 minutes)
Assessment (30 minutes)
Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 9am and 5pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.
Student policies and procedures are always available by going to our website and scrolling to the bottom of the page (See Attendance, Privacy and Refund Policy).